GCSE Results: press release August 2016
Stratford Girls' Grammar School students are again celebrating some record exam results today: 82.8% A*/A grades at GCSE – of which 51.7% were A*. Within the baseline outcome of 100% A*-C (including English and Maths), a record 83% of all girls achieved eight or more A*/A grades.
Headteacher Ms Kate Barnett said, “I am delighted to be able to share in the girls’ joy at such excellent results. There has been much in the news recently about the pressures on teenage girls, and they certainly do push themselves very hard. It is therefore great to see their efforts rewarded so handsomely. I am sure they will want to thank their teachers – and their parents – for all their support. We are now looking forward to the coming year: these girls will be breaking new ground with our exciting new A-level programme, complete with stretch and challenge courses to develop skills outside the core A-level programme. There has never been a better time to join our sixth form!"
Four girls achieved a fantastic 12 A* grades: Louise Averill, Lucy Hong, Sophie Smith and Emily Usselmann – two of them (Lucy and Emily) following in the footsteps of equally high-flying older sisters who have also been through the school.
- 100% 5+ A*-C grades (including English and Maths)
- 51.7% A*
- 82.8% A*/A
- 96.8% A*/B
- 89% achieved 5 or more A*/A grades
- 82.9% achieved 8 or more A*/A grades (a new school record)
- 100% achieved expected level of progress in English (3+)
- 99% achieved expected level of progress in Maths (3+)
- 93% achieved more than expected level of progress in English (4+)
- 86% achieved more than expected level of progress in Maths (4+)
- Progress 8 Score: 0.5
- Attainment 8 Score: 75.6
- 82 pupils on roll
25 August 2016